OFL’s blended educational model allows students, teachers, and families the freedom to design a customized learning plan for each student based on his/her strengths, weaknesses, college and career goals, and schedule outside of school. Unlike a traditional setting where students work on the same material at the same general pace, OFL allows students to complete work at a pace that suits them best, typically focusing on no more than two core subjects at a time.
As an OFL student, you will work closely with your core teacher. He or she will meet with you at least twice a week to review your coursework, coach you through assignments, administer tests and quizzes, and arrange for additional assistance, like Small Group Instruction (SGI) classes, as needed. English, Math, and Science SGI classes will allow you to learn collaboratively in small, safe environments, with no distractions, from highly skilled, single-subject instructors.
OFL offers a variety of other programs and features to ensure students’ academic and social/emotional success:
- Summer school and winter break programs* for students looking to get ahead or caught up on credits – click here to learn more
- FREE, on-site Math and English Tutors
- On-site Student Advisors to provide college and career information, guidance in course selection, application and scholarship assistance, and arrangement of OFL’s many college readiness programs
- Free multiple day trips, camps, and cultural excursions – click here to learn more
- Sports teams, including: softball, basketball, passing league football, soccer, volleyball, and bowling*
- Community service opportunities
- Student groups, including: student leadership, photography, poetry, equestrian, and cheerleading*… you can even start your own group!
- School events like talent shows and prom
- Unforgettable, live graduation ceremonies with student speakers (winter and spring)
* Program availability varies by location